Project 52

I don’t ever take pictures. I want to be that person who has pictures of everything and has all of life chronicled, but I’m not…yet. This year one of my goals is to become better at taking pictures. I’m not going to focus on how I take pictures or how my pictures turn out. I will celebrate the simple act of taking my camera with me somewhere and documenting that act by snapping a few pics.

My main source of inspiration for this new goal is my friend Jessica. She is so good at taking pictures and documenting her family’s story. She is doing a picture taking project titled, “Project Life”. It’s this awesome kit that comes with everything you need for a complete album. Literally everything but your pictures and handwriting. Check it out here.

The goal of the project is to document life as it happens. Basically you take a picture everyday and write a little blurb about each picture. At the end of the year you have an album full of 365 pictures from your life with little reminders about why that picture was important to you that day.
I love this idea, but it’s a little overwhelming for me. So, I decided I would take a baby step first. I have committed to do “Project 52” this year. Basically it’s the same concept as the other only I am focusing on one to two pictures a week instead of one every day. This feels WAY more manageable to me right now. There is no kit, that I know of, for this so I am using an album that holds 160 pictures. I am going to cut cardstock to 4x6 and do my dates and journaling on these. I gave myself extra room so that I could use more then one picture a week if I just can’t choose one. :) My hope is that I will love it so much I will branch out and do “Project Life”, also known as Project 365, next year.

So, without further ado, here are my two pictures (I’m already going above and beyond!) from the first week in January. Also, on Jessica’s blog she is hosting Project Life Tuesdays where others who are doing the project or something similar can link up together. I will join her each Tuesday and post my picture of the week! It’s not too late to start your own!



Matt and I went on a little weekend getaway to Atlanta. One of Matt's favorite restaurants, Pappadeaux, is there. It was so fun to be able to just get away and to eat some really good food!

Comments

1 Response to "Project 52"

Unknown said... January 12, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Sounds great. Can't wait to see your pics. I try to take pics. I do for a while then I realize I have gone for months without taking any. Good luck with yours.