Playing Ketchup

I am no longer looking at the light at the end of the tunnel; I am officially through the tunnel! As of this past weekend, Matt and I are done with all of our wedding stuff. Aside from putting everything away and writing the rest of our thank you notes. :) I’m hoping now that things are settling down I can be a little more consistent with updating my blog. I feel like there are a lot of really cool things going on right now! I thought it would be easiest to just make a list:

1) I know, I know I have to write my review for “The Truth About You”. I’m working on it. I PROMISE it will be up by this time next week.

2) This week I started attending a women’s community group. My friend, Jessica, invited me to join and I’m so glad! I have been praying for a group of women I can live life with here in Nashville. I am praising the Lord for answering this prayer! We are reading Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? By Phillip Yancy. I am really enjoying this book! More it later...

3) I feel like I’m kicking this year off with a lot of reading. I got a ‘read the Bible in a year’ Bible (yes, that is the technical term for it) and I’m going to try to read through the scriptures this year. Who else is doing this/has done this in the past? I would love to hear about your successes and challenges!

4) I am SO excited about the Lifeway conference for Ministers' wives! You can read more about it here. The rest of you who are married to a minister should really consider joining me at the conference. It’s going to be amazing!

Whew. That’s enough for today. Now I see why I should just blog more often. I’ll finish my list of updates later this week!

Comments

1 Response to "Playing Ketchup"

Unknown said... January 21, 2009 at 2:20 PM

You have been busy. I've been trying to "ketchup" for 55 years. I guess if we ever get caught up it is over. Be you Alyson, regardless of all the things your mother, grandmother, neighbor, school,friend, enemy,hubby,and....mother-in-law, no, I didn't mean to say that, thinks you can or cannot do. Some things may never get done, but next week, who will notice? I love you girl.

I am so glad that God does not love us based on all the things we do. He loves us for who we are but is pleased in all we do to honor him.