February to February


A year ago yesterday I met my husband Matthew Joseph Costner. It is a day I will never forget. Matt and I had been talking on the phone for a few weeks and I decided to fly to Nashville to visit some friends, aka meet Matt face to face. As some of you know from reading my 25 random things, I knew I loved Matt before I ever met him. When our eyes met across baggage claim at BNA that was it. I never understood how people could fall in love so quickly until it happened to me.

Each day I know Matt my love for him continues to grow. I couldn’t have hand picked better qualities in a mate. He is kind, adventurous, passionate, and sensitive. One of the things I love most about Matt is that he is always challenging me to excellence. Whether it’s in the gym, my walk with the Lord or my Mario Kart skills, I know he will be there supporting and encouraging me the whole way.

The past year has been a whirlwind. I moved to Nashville, got engaged and then married to the man of my dreams. I can’t wait for the next leg of our journey and can only wonder what it might look like. One thing I’ve learned so far is that I can never expect too much! Even my biggest expectations have been met.

Comments

3 Responses to "February to February"

Unknown said... February 16, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Alyson, your love for Matthew is so evident. Some women talk about love, but you are love. After watching you and Matthew this week, I thought about how lucky he is. Your maturity and wisdom far exceeds your age. I hope that I live long enough that I can be the calm, loving, and supportive wife that you have already been to Matthew. You are an amazing woman. While my years surpass you by far, I have much to learn from you. I love you, my daughter by marriage, my sister in Christ. NC MOM.

Seismic Random Thoughts said... February 17, 2009 at 5:21 AM

A hope filled message... thank you for sharing. Monica Smothers aka Randomgrl (twit) =8^)

Ron Edmondson said... February 18, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Awesome!