Pecan Pie

For our first Thanksgiving as a married couple, Matt and I were invited to enjoy the day with a family from our church. For me that meant I didn't have to prepare a Thanksgiving meal all by myself, so we accepted the invitation. I only had to bring a dessert. Usually I would take the opportunity to bake some cupcakes, my speciality, but I just didn't feel like cupcakes captured the spirit of Thanksgiving. So an old stand by it was...pecan pie! I had never made a pie before so I was really excited and nervous. I even had a dream where my pie was terrible! Luckily I had been blessed with a couple of helpful tools and an old family recipe. I must say...not too bad! I made the leaf crust using these. I love Williams Sonoma! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Comments

4 Responses to "Pecan Pie"

Jill said... November 30, 2008 at 8:42 AM

If this pie tasted as good as it looks, it must have been superb!

austinlowercase said... November 30, 2008 at 4:47 PM

I had a dream that your blog was terrible...no wait.

Lynn said... December 1, 2008 at 1:06 PM

The pie is beautiful! Looking
forward to seeing both of you
in January. Congratulations on
your marriage.

Lynn

Unknown said... December 2, 2008 at 4:13 PM

It is beautiful! Congratulations (on the pie and the marriage!)